Lake Wales Free Clinic is located at the corner of Dr J A Wiltshire Avenue and Scenic Highway in Lake Wales.
Qualified individuals can receive care for chronic conditions, providing them access to interventions that may provide relief from problems associated with their condition. Interested individuals can drop in during our open hours, or call our Clinic Administrator, Kate McDonald, for more information.
Se habla español.
What is the Lake Wales Free Clinic?
What services are provided?
- Acute and chronic care of adult patients
- Referrals for specialty care
- Blood STD testing
- Smoking cessation classes
- Diabetes education classes
What services are not provided?
- Obstetric and gynecological care
- Pediatric care
- Prescribing or dispensing of narcotic medication
Who qualifies for services?
- Individuals must have no insurance, including government programs (Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.)
- Income must not exceed 200% of FIPL (Federal Income Poverty Level)
- Individuals must reside in Polk County
- New patients must bring photo identification
What is the cost?
What are the hours of operation?
- Monday evening: Sign in 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Thursday evening: Sign in 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Dermatology Clinic: Third Thursday of the month, 4:30 PM, in conjunction with primary health care.
Who can volunteer, and how can I become a volunteer?
If interested in volunteering, please fill out a Care Center Volunteer Application.